Tank War 1939-1945
Blandford Press | 1986 | ISBN: 0713716665 | English | 168*2 Pages | PDF | 49,9 MB
A cold wind drove along the snowflakes and dark clouds covered the sky outside Hradcany Castle in Prague, the residence of Dr. Emil Hacha, the president of the Czcchoslovakian republic, as armored reconnaissance cars of the German 4th Infantry Division rolled up to the gates. It was 8:45 A.M. on 15 March 1939. By noon General von Schwcdler, the commander of IV Corps
based in Dresden, and his energetic chief of staff General Model, had arrived at the same spot despite the ice-covcred roads. At 4:00 P.M. Hitler, accompanied by an SS squad, arrived at Hradcany Castle in his heavy Mercedes, having driven there from Dresden.